Saturday, September 1, 2007

Of Pure Kindness

Last few days, as I was driving back from work and grumbling in the crazy KL traffic, I saw a kindness that made me go "Awwwwwww...!" Aloud. Alone. In my car.

Well, it was in front of PWTC where the stupid traffic always gets bottle-necked because people are switching lanes to go to Mahameru and some to Jalan Kuching, etc. There was this policeman on a motorcycle who stopped by the right hand side of the road (mind you, right is the fast lane) nearby the road divider. And I was almost cursing him of being inconsiderate and ignorant due to adding more congestion that is already terrible to bear.

Then, I saw him reach out his hand... as if trying to grab something. I thought, he couldn't be grabbing for a piece of trash JUST to get it out of the way - but the way he did looked as if it was. And he kept reaching for it. When I past by him, I saw that it was a kitten! He grabbed it by the neck and held it up in his arms then put it in his motorcycle basket and drove off (the second part I saw through the rearview mirror).

My heart melted on the spot, I tell you! I didn't know this sort of kindness still exists! And coming from this policeman? Gosh, it was a rare sight for me. And, I felt lucky and thankful for the thought that at least someone somewhere somehow still cares.

No comments: