Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Time Tested Beauty Tips

I think my dependency on caffeine and nicotine has taken its toll.

I'm fasting today and cranky as hell. It should be the reverse! How unfulfilling! I have become this ugly person that I hate... I've always been indecisive and now I'm adding dumb to the list. How much worse can it get? I'm starting to blame my environment and tend to soak in my failures. Instead of being motivated to get up and get it right, I prefer to sit on my ass and evolve into a grumpy old maid. The lines of my face are constantly clouded and nothing pleasant exudes from it. I am craving to get out of here. I am craving for change. And I know that only crazy people expect changes by not doing anything. I know, I know but am I doing anything about it?

I love Audrey Hepburn. It's the face. It's the style. It's the kindness, perhaps. I yearn to be a kind person, carefree and joyful. I need to remind myself time and time again and take to heart the Time Tested Beauty Tips:

For attractive lips
Speak words of kindness.

For lovely eyes
seek out the good in people.

For a slim figure
share your food with the hungry.

For beautiful hair
let a child run his fingers through it once a day.

For poise
walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone.

People, even more than things,
have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed and redeemed.

Never throw out anybody.

Remember, if you need a helping hand
you'll find one at the end of your arm.

As you grow older
you will discover that you have two hands,
one for helping yourself
the other for helping others.

- Sam Levenson

No comments: