Friday, August 3, 2007

Day of the Resurrection

Heart wrenching. Really. But it was a dream. Of Qiyamah.

Where I saw hills crumble and explosions on land and explosions in the seas then oil rigs crashed as if it were sticks. And darkened skies and a black hole that seemed to be waiting to swallow everything in.

I was in a cab, on the phone crying, speaking to my mother and brothers and telling them how much I loved them and I was sorry for everything I've done and I was sorry I was far away and I couldn't be with them. And the cab driver seemed to be driving skillfully, avoiding the explosions that came up surprisingly on the roads. He was supposed to drive me home, but we past by estates and saw fishes but they were with wings, and were flying past me, to the left side of where I was heading.

Then the driver said we've arrived, but it was not my home. I told him he'd gotten me wrong, this is not the address I mentioned... And he had to turn back.

But what came out of my mouth was my address located in Penang. Penang. I don't know any addresses in Penang.

Then I called my best friend, to check how she was doing... And I was crying. And then she said her sister wants to talk to me, saying that we should hang out at the beach when I get to the UK. And, I was like, hey, sure no problem mate.

Then it ended there.

Weird. Weird. Weird dream.

But I was scared. Really. And I pray that I wouldn't live to witness the Last Hour. And I pray that I pass all His tests on earth. And I pray for a lot of things. And I need to. And I want to. Want to.

At a time unknown to man, but preordained [1], when people least expect it, Allah will give permission for the Qiyâmah to begin. The archangel Israfil, referred to as the Caller, will sound a horn sending out a "Blast of Truth" (Qur'an 50.37-42, 69.13-18, 74.8, 78.18). This event is also found in Jewish eschatology, in the Jewish belief of "The Day of the Blowing of the Shofar", Yom Terua and in Ezekiel 33:6:

All men and women fall unconscious,[citation needed] Those who were evil, did not believe in God's will power or did bad things will be engulfed in hellfire.[2] On the other hand, those who truly believe in God, and are pious, referred to as Al-Ghurr-ul-Muhajjalun[3] due to the trace of ritual ablution performed during their lives, repent their sin and return to "jannah (the Garden) beneath which rivers flow".[4] The world is destroyed. The dead rise from their graves and gather, waiting to be judged for their actions.[5]
The Quran also states that good actions of non-believers will not be wasted. "anyone who has an atom's worth of goodness will see it and anyone who has done an atom's worth of evil will also see it" (Quran 99:7-8). By that, it is meant that those who are non- believers but have done good will be rewarded in this world for their good deed. On the other hand, those who do good if they are Muslims, they will be rewarded not only in this world but also in the world hereafter. However, the final Judgment is up to God himself. (Quran 2:62) [[2]]
"He questions: "When is the Day of Resurrection?". At length, when the sight is dazed, And the moon is buried in darkness. And the sun and moon are joined together." (75.6-9)
This ayat is interpreted in many ways. Classical commentators Al-Jalalayn, Al-Tabari and Al-Qortobi interpret this verse as meaning that the sun and moon are joined in darkness, rather than physically merged together.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qiyamah

No comments: