Sunday, January 16, 2011

Alhamdulilah!

Syukur, alhamdulilah.

14 Jan - He proposed. On both knees. And gave me a white gold ring :)
15 Jan - His family came to see my family. In less than one year, we would wed :)
16 Jan - Sent off the kids back to Abu Dhabi. Will miss them :(

I am still quite surprised by the chain of events, to the point that I got my menses a week early! Actually, on the day his family came to the house!

We had gone out to Ikea on Friday after work, where he bought a drawing table. We'd bought aunty an orange rose plant as birthday present. Then we went to the curve to get the kids' presents. Tiara and pink bag for her, and a car jigsaw puzzle for him. Then we headed to ikan bakar, behind my house. Had dinner with the kids, and grandmom and aunties.

He sent me home, and after such a long time not asking, he asked to hang out at the garden. I made nescafe. I went out. He handed me a card. It says, "Will You Marry Me?" with little hearts drawn all over. Then he went on both knees, and said that he loves me so much and couldn't imagine his life without me. We hugged and of course I said "Yes!" (duh)

The next day, he came with his brother and two aunties. We hosted, with two aunts and two uncles. ES was here with K. They kept me entertained, while being detained in the kitchen. Conclusion of the discussion - in less than one year (one year being max) we will tie the knot! And, it'll be a joint reception. It's here. It's finally here. Alhamdulilah, syukur. Syukur, syukur, syukur.

Will write more soon!

xoxo

No comments: